About Me

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Column 7 - A Sugar Plum for the New Year

A Sugar Plum for the New Year
By Amy Witt

New Years party dresses? Check! Sequins and glitter? Check! Sky high heels? Check! All the accessories you could want? Check.
Fashion model cut-outs decorating the boutique, the aroma of incense, fun loud music, shoes galore, and all the clothing to rock the streets as your runway, Sugar Plums is the hottest boutique for the hottest outfits for New Years.


Window displays that mesmerize you to want more how can you resist? Stacey Swiney, a very prosperous, fabulous, respected business owner, and someone I admire is the heart and soul that keeps Sugar Plums kickin’. Having been in business for 19 years in Porterville, and 6 years in Visalia, Sugar Plums is a very respectable and popular spot for the hippest clothing around. A family and friend operated business her sons manage the Visalia store.
As I walked in, I was greeted by Toby Rosa, a passionate store manager, who has been with Sugar Plums for 7 years. Toby is a key member of Sugar Plums assisting Stacey with her inventory, purchasing, and promoting Sugar Plums as the glamorous boutique it is. He also informed me that new inventory is displayed every Wednesday in Porterville and every Thursday in Visalia, while they also carry men’s clothing in the Visalia store.
Shopping around I smiled, the boutique is beautiful and inspiring in itself. Faux fur, cheetah, bling iphone cases, beautiful statement jewelry, leather, reds and golds….there are so many perfect options for rockin’ outfits. Sugar Plums knows fashion.
I found the perfect off-the shoulder black glittery top to pair with black skinnies. Silver sequin heels and a faux fur scarf are great statement pieces for the New Year.  I will definitely be back today to snag those items before they are sold.
If you would like to be the best dressed, make a statement, or start the year off fabulous please run down to Sugar Plums at 15 W. Mill in Porterville, near the Post Office or 218 W. Main Street in Visalia.
Have a very happy and safe New Year! As for me, I am so beyond ready to grab 2012 by the horns. New Year, new start!  

XOXOX
Love ya!

"I like my money right where I can see it - hanging in my closet."
  ~From the television show Sex and the City

5 comments:

  1. What a great store! I should take a trip to Porterville! You look fantatastic! Hope all is well and you enjoy ringing in to 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! I hope you have a great holiday dear!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for that comment, it really means a lot :)

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a cute shop Amy, I too love the Sex & the City quotes : ) Those red pumps are fantastic

    ReplyDelete