About Me

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Turkey Day Column #2

Gobble, Gobble. Happy Turkey Day! Thanksgiving is all about family, friends, good eats, America, and being grateful for the great life and country we live in! It is not about shopping and Black Friday…don’t get me wrong I love shopping and deals but I’m sorry camping out at stores a week before for Black Friday is not what Thanksgiving is about!
            Moving forward, being that we are going to have a great Thanksgiving we have to have great outfits regardless if we are celebrating it at home with the family or friends we need to be dressed to kill for the fabulous food and festivities!!!  
If you’re spending it with the fam., feel free to dress it down if you choose. Spanx, spandex, yoga pants, and all things stretchy shall be our best friend as we go back for seconds, thirds, and who cares…fourths! Now you should look presentable nonetheless, pair yoga pants with a nice button up, v-neck loose sweater, or whatever fancies you. Throw on some cute ballet flats, moccasins, or possibly wedges and throw on a statement necklace or chandelier earrings and you will be so comfortable while looking fabulous! Men…I’m sure that if you’re at home the only thing you care about is the game so eat your heart out!
            Meeting the parents this year or maybe just going out on the town for dinner? How about a pair of black skinnies, a button-up under a festive colored sweater or cardigan cinched with a belt, and some camel colored wedges or booties, with simple and classy necklace or earrings. Men…depending on how much of an impression you’re attempting to make, a nice starched button-up with a blazer over and a nice pair of jeans or slacks if you choose…will make you look polished.
            As for me, I will be spending my Thanksgiving at my parents with the people that I love! Dressed to kill, I will be eating divine food in black yoga pants, a flowered colored blouse, a statement necklace, and my TOMS…because every pair purchased is given to a child in need and that’s what Thanksgiving is all about!

I wanted to wear wedges but today will be filled with lots of activities, cocktails, jello shots, food, and too many good laughs...
Ping pong, Scrabble, and basketball will also be on the agenda with a possible food fight?!

What am I thankful for?
This life I live.
My parents for raising me to be the best I could possibly be because without them I'd be nothing!
My brothers and the rest of my family and my 2nd family for all the support!
This amazing country we call AMERICA that I am soooo proud to live in!
My dogs and horses!
My best of friends!
EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!!


Pants: Yes...Yoga Pants from Target
Blouse: Light of Love Boutique(Porterville)
Shoes: TOMS
Necklace: Patti's Creation..Please scroll down to see her stuff!
Bracelet: From my 2nd Family...San Juan Antique Show
Rings: My Collection

I will post pics up tomorrow or tonight from all the festivities!!

XOXOXOXO 

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice."
Meister Eckhart

No comments:

Post a Comment