About Me

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Edwards


Fashion, music, books, shopping, art, photography, and traveling are things I obsess over. Driving down Main Street, Edwards, caught my eye so I pulled in for a visit.  First things first, I am always looking for deals and it just so happens, outside they have a “Today’s Special” section. This section is filled with all kinds of bargains from pillows to gardening to what caught my eye…a vintage crocodile clutch. This clutch is to die for! For $5.00, I snatched up this clutch which looks like a Hermes, which could retail for literally what a car costs!!
 
As I traveled inside, western art was displayed all over the walls. This store screams history! Books and pictures of families and businesses from Porterville, Terra Bella, Ducor, and California Hot Springs are displayed.  As I looked through the books I was distracted by what looked like ivory horse heads. These beautiful horse heads held up more books on Porterville. For $10.00, I purchased these antique book ends which added such a classy elegant flare to a home.

The art decorating the store is something to admire. Native Americans, Marilyn Monroe, old black and whites, and even a local artist decorate the store. As a painter, I dearly admire George Tanimoto, a Porterville artist who has some of his amazing paintings displayed on hand. My favorite was the painting I call
"The Lovers"


Edwards states it is a gallery, antique store, book store, and publisher but I say it is so much more! It is a great family owned and historical business which makes it that more meaningful. Jeff Edwards and his lovely daughter Gail Edwards own and operate this beautiful store. They have been in business about 5 years. Jeff, who is also a historian, established this business first as a photography business in 1947. Mr. Edwards was also an important part of the Sesquicentennial celebration this year! At great prices, if you want to decorate your home, accessorize yourself, or just a place to admire go visit
Edwards at 248 N. Main Street!


I picked this purse up on another trip down there.
It is 100% Eel Skin Made in Korea.
$4.00 isn't it fab?!

This was my first column...it will be featured tomorrow! Sooo excited!

Shirt: YoshiNow's Vintage and Thrift ($4.00)
Pants: Hudson Jeans
Belt: Forever21
Purse: Edwards ($4.00)
Earrings: Forever21

XOXOXO
A woman should be two things: Classy and Fabulous!
Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment