About Me

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Column #25- Salad in Fashion

Salad in Fashion
By Amy Witt
The Porterville Recorder

            Some days I get a little spice and I can’t wait to strap on my red paisley vintage inspired Anthropologie apron. Baking is my forte but I have been experimenting a bit with salads…making eye appealing beautiful, colorful, and tasty salads. With sun shining bright and this weather we love I thought I would share with you a little taste of the Emeril within me.

Salad Ingredients:

- Spring mix/spinach mix (if you prefer iceberg lettuce then use that)
- Blackberries
- Strawberries
- Feta Cheese
- Watermelon
- Pecans

            Place lettuce in a decadent bowl. Chop up strawberries and watermelon however you prefer. Layer blackberries, watermelon, strawberries, pecans, and fetta cheese.     
            The dressing usually depends on my mood. Some days I love balsamic vinaigrette and other days I enjoy a delicious concoction in which I shall share with you.

Delicious Concoction Salad Dressing:

- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar…[no actually like 3 or 4 or 5 or 10…whatever fancies you]
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped

Mix dressing ingredients with wire wisk until well blended. Make the salad dressing ahead and refrigerate prior to serving your salad.
This salad is great for any occasion or meal. Get creative…you can mix it up with any of your favorite fruits or cheeses. Adding chicken or small steak bites can also take it up a notch! I love to use extra fruit and cheese. The mixture of cheese, fruit, and dressing gives the salad a surprising mouth watering taste you cannot resist. Enjoy!

XOXO
Love ya!

"You, yourself, deserve your love and affection as much as anybody in the entire universe."
The Buddha

1 comment: