About Me

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Column # 22 - Texas Odyssey



A Texas Odyssey
By Amy Witt

             As you all know, I was in Stephenville, Texas for three weeks for a designing adventure…on a trip which felt like a year. All I know is I am so happy to be back home to beautiful Porterville. Leaving the state always makes me appreciate California and Porterville all that much more. Texas is a great, beautiful, state but I don’t know if I could ever call it home.
            My days were long and weeks were even longer. Our design team started with a bang having group meetings, learning new programs, designing, getting inspired, and attempting to get in contact with Mark, the vice president of the company that will be launching Cowboy Fresh. We needed to get in contact with Mark, because without Mark, we were a little lost on how many designs to execute.  After doing the same things over and over again everyday it was starting to feel like nothing was coming about. The team decided to take me for a spin around Stephenville and the surrounding areas.
            First up, Fuzzy’s, a taco restaurant that sold $5.00 “beeritas,”frozen margaritas from a slurpee machine, in a glass that was so big  you couldn’t hold it with one hand, and the people drinking margaritas applauded as the sunset faded away-the mind immediately turns toward the happy go-lucky ways of Texans. I don’t know if they drink too many beeritas in this town or what!
            The team decided to take me fishing for a few days in a row…bore me. My dad can take me fishing anytime, any day, anywhere around here and actually catch fish without karate chopping at the air. Mosquitos…must I say more? I was so destroyed by mosquitos not only did I have to cover them with makeup because I was so embarrassed by the bites and them bleeding, but I woke up one morning not only with mosquito bites on my eye but with my throat practically swollen shut and a cough I could not get rid of.  Am I a drama queen? I think NOT! I forgot to tell you I am a very picky fisherwoman…I do not put the bait on the hook nor take my fish off the hook when I catch it…that's what my dad's there for. He allowed me to get away with it so I expect to get away with it with whomever I am with. Also, I do not catch my bait…but I was proud of myself when I accomplished catching my little frogs for the bait to catch bass…but in my case I caught a blue gill that probably weighed one ounce. All in all, I enjoyed my fishing experience with my team, enjoyed the beautiful nature of Texas, and got to soak up a few rays!
             Texas was a great experience and I am so grateful to have the opportunities I have. May 11th, Cowboy Fresh has a meeting with the infamous Mark to get things rolling and to schedule a launch date. Being back home to the daily grind, makes life so much better!

A lil Instagram action for ya! @caliiforniadreamin












Hope everyone has a great day!
I have a lot of house cleaning and laundry to catch up on along with school work. Then I am off to Zeb's baseball game and the gym.
I think I am going to go get a Starbucks to kick off my day [calories here I come]...I woke up with my eyes practically swollen shut and a headache...lack of sleep? I dont know...I think I am just getting old..haha jk!
The Brew Feast is Saturday...Cinco De Mayo...I am really celebrating my heritage this weekend!
Unlimited beer and sausage.
Whitney and Jordan demanded I attend with them! I don't like beer...AT ALL!!
My outfir I am Especially soo excited for...outfit pics will be on Sunday!
Anyways...off I run to Starbucks :)
Love ya!
XOXO

"The truth is...I gave my heart away a long time ago, my whole heart
...and I never really got it back!"
Reese Witherspoon, Sweet Home Alabama



 

No comments:

Post a Comment