About Me

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Column #23- Inspire Me.


The Porterville Recorder
Inspire Me
 
By Amy Witt

            Some days I wake up and don’t want to get out of bed…do you ever feel like that? Do you ever feel like at times you have no motivation, no inspiration…like something or some one just needs to kick you and wake you up! I have my days. Days of horrible attitudes, bad hair days, feeling like I can’t put together an outfit, or not knowing where to begin putting these fingers on this keyboard. As a writer, designer, blogger, artist, and student, I must always be inspired. For me, I yearn to inspire others and make others feel good. Some days I can just look at a picture or meet someone new and boom instantly I feel that fire burning inside me.
            Many times I have been asked the same question over and over, “What inspires you?” My answer…everyone and everything! Inspiration for me is everything…anything- whether it’s people, art, quotes, spiritually, mentally, dreams, books, music, designers…must I go on? I have trained myself to be open to any ideas and thoughts and live in the moment.
            There have been many people that have walked into my life and continuously remind me of that inspiration burning inside me. When you feel inspired you’ll take action and taking action is the key to achieving what you want, whether it’s increasing your business, making changes in your life, feeling better about yourself, or progressing towards your dreams. I dream big, really big! At times, I feel my dreams seem irrational but then again how could they be if they are my dreams? I recently learned that inspiration was right in front of my face; my family, best friends, nature, new people I’ve recently met. I also decided that I must surround myself with positivity and inspiration will allow me to maintain mental, physical, and emotional health. An inspiration board-it did it all. Decorating my room with affirmations, goals, dreams, pictures, and even materialistic items have been giving me that inspiration and desire to wake up every morning happy, inspired, and open to new ideas, thoughts, and people.
            Inspire me! I would love to know what or who inspires you? Please email me at amycwitt@gmail.com. My favorite will receive a painting from me! I will also feature you in my column and blog! “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Have a great Thursday!
XOXO
Love ya!

"You only live once, that's the motto. Yolo"
Drake





1 comment:

  1. i was feeling this way this morning.... need to pull myself up by my own bootstraps!

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete