About Me

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Column #21 - TEXAS!

Texas
By Amy Witt


Welcome to Texas. Now go Home. As we drove from Dallas to the infamous town of Stephenville, that sign was one of the first things I noticed. Stephenville, in which I will be calling my home for the next two weeks, while I am the head of women's design for an up and coming clothing line which will be sold exclusively in Sheplers. Don't get me wrong I love Texas and am so happy to be here…I kind of needed a break from my everyday routine but I can't wait to come back home…I get very home sick. One of my goals, is to have a vacation home around Stephenville.
     For those of you who have never been to Texas, it is a different way of life. Residents are very different. They are over the top friendly, outgoing, down to earth, and everything cowboy. There is a roping, rodeo, calf roping, or bull riding every night of the week…some places like Billy Bobs which is a bar…they have a rodeo and bull riding inside their bar with a huge dance floor. You are able to drink, dance, and watch a rodeo all at the same time. Who wouldn't enjoy that?!
   For inspiration, the team and I traveled on down to Fort Worth Stock Yards. As a first timer, I was blown away. Long streets of bars, shopping, and entertainment, with every walks of life. We traveled all around like little kids in a candy shop snapping photos of everything, laughing, and admiring everything. The fashion around here is very western as you can imagine. There are many luxury and high fashion collections within the western fashion…in which someday I will be involved in. Cowboy boots, turquoise, and silver for miles!
   I forgot to share with you that I am also writing a fashion column for the Ropers Sports News which is a monthly roping and rodeo magazine so I will share with you some of my columns every now and then.
   I have another couple weeks here designing my heart away and soon will be blowing the western industry away with our new clothing line. Next weekend, I will be all by my lonesome so I am going to be adventurous and travel around Stephenville and the surrounding areas. 
Until then, I will be writing y'all (laughs) from Stephenville, Texas. When I return, I have many Porterville businesses to visit and catch up with. I have been constantly on the run and actually in and out of Texas for the past couple of weeks. Miss my readers and California! Hold the fort down in Porterville until I return!  









Last night was Austin's bday so we went out to celebrate.
Started at Fuzzy's which is a taco restaurant that sells slushy margaritas and beeritas!
We then walked to Running P bar where we celebrated so more.
It was very fun night!
I also went on a date the other night. First one in a very long time. I think it was the best date I have ever been on. We plan to go watch the Rangers baseball game next week...they play the Yankees in Arlington which is not too far from Stephenville. Funny how it all plays out.
Today, we are off to fish and explore.
Have a great day!
xoxo
Love ya!

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not. " 
Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful, have so much going for you and can't want to hear more about that Ranger game!! ;) HAVE FUN! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I can't wait to see developments on the clothing line, thanks for the updates Amy! & yes, I'm on Polyvore : )

    ReplyDelete