About Me

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Column #13- Juni Fisher.

Juni Fisher
By Amy Witt

Wearing a dark blue vintage Hairston Roberson coat, Wrangler jeans, Montana Peaks custom hat, eyes that dance, short sassy hair, and a beautiful happy smile, I was honored when I met Juni Fisher. Juni Fisher is an award winning solo artist winning numerous western awards. Her favorite award being the 2011 Entertainer of the Year and 2009 National Cowboy Museum Wrangler Award; winning this award also gave her the title of being the first woman to win this award, as well as, the first independent record.
Juni was born and raised in Strathmore and attended Sunnyside Elementary and graduated from Strathmore High School. Franklin, Tennessee is where she now calls home. She began playing the guitar at seven years old which lead her to write her first song, “Lonely When You’re Not Alone” at age 24. Larrivee Guitars is one of her best friends assisting her in being a very accomplished solo artist. She is currently touring the western states, while also, stopping in Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Missouri. A European Tour is one of her goals…while I am confident she will rock Europe like no tomorrow.
Aretha Franklin, Bonnie Raitt, and Ray Wylie Hubbard play through her radio as she travels on the road 230-250 days out of the year. In 2010, “Let ‘er  Go, Let ‘er Buck, Let ‘er Fly” was her album she was asked to create for the 100th anniversary of the Pendleton Round Up Rodeo. For those of you that do not know rodeo Pendleton is one of the most prestigious rodeos to be able to enter as a PRCA cowboy…you compete on grass and the bulls are bucked in a PVC piped arena. My first time at the Pendleton Round Up was two years ago and the rodeo was one of the most entertaining I had ever attended.
Juni and I reminisced of her life in our area, laughing how she and Jerry Hall from Trick Shot, used to jam at the Ranch House when it was on Main street of Porterville. She talked of Randy, another member of Trick Shot, playing their guitars together when she was 10 years of age and he was 15.
Juni is a very beautiful, talented, motivated, inspiring woman who shared with me some very encouraging words I will never forget. With personalities very alike, Juni and I hit off a friendship in which I know will turn into something fabulous.
Juni will be rocking Porterville this Saturday February 11th at 7:30 p.m. at the Buck Schaffer Auditorium. You can purchase tickets at Jeff Music, White’s Music, or Strathmore High School. I hope to see you all there…I will be sitting front row!

Her CD can be purchased at her website: junifisher.com...you can also hear some of her songs on the site.

XOXO
Love ya!




“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you
sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”

Marilyn Monroe




No comments:

Post a Comment