About Me

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Column #11- I CRAVE Cupcakes!

I CRAVE Cupcakes!
By Amy Witt
        Frosting, sprinkles, sprinkles and more sprinkles, glittery, shiny, mouthwatering, delicious, fashionable, beautiful…instant gratification…and in an instant, cupcakes become the new Louis Vuitton. Cupcakes! You can’t help but smile when you eat one. Just looking at them makes me happy and giddy inside. Come on what’s not to love? They are so functional too. Small, portable, fashionable, and easily personalized cupcakes are like fashion accessories except better…we eat them!
            My craze for cupcakes came in an instant when my mother, who knows that special place in my heart for cupcakes, introduced me to Crave Café and Bakery! Bad idea…if I could live in there don’t put it past me… I would! November of 2011, passionate and inspired bakers, Kristie Rackley and Roxane Serna opened Crave Café & Bakery with a bang introducing Porterville to something fun, fabulous, delicious, and different. From my favorite “Dirty Elvis” cupcake, to chocolate dipped bacon, to half pound hamburgers, to chocolate brownie truffles Crave is a delicate café to satisfy my sweet tooth needs.
Crave is a sit down café that offers breakfast, lunch, delivery to local businesses, catering, special events, and specialty cakes, oh and of course my favorite…cupcake cakes!
            There are 6-7 variety flavors everyday with red velvet, vanilla, and quadruple chocolate as the everyday treats. The other 3-4 specialty flavors are chosen by Roxane and Kristie. These specialty flavors are invented by the girls. Everyday the cupcake flavors are posted on Facebook for customers’ convenience. Speaking of inventions, Roxane created my favorite “Dirty Elvis” cupcake inspired by Elvis and her father. Bananas, chocolate dipped frosting, and peanut butter are the divine ingredients that create the “Dirty Elvis.”   Words can not describe the goodness of this cupcake. Kristie is the designer of “Danicka” named after her daughter. “Danicka’s” unique ingredients contain chocolate covered bacon, chocolate, and caramel. Each cupcake is special, delicious, and baked with love from these fabulous girls. The Crave girls have also invented a lemon crinkle and fudge crinkle cookie together. The truffles are something else to get excited about. With each truffle melting in your mouth, from my favorite brownie truffle, pumpkin truffle, to lemon raspberry truffle, each truffle is specially baked with a cake filling.
            For $2.00, Crave bakes Porterville the best, delicious, and fabulous cupcakes offering hundreds of varieties. To curb your sweet tooth craving skip down to Crave Café and Bakery at 178 N. Main Street and tell them Amy sent you in for a cupcake to smile about!

Brownie Truffle
Peppermint and Red Velvet Cupcake
My piggy bank!
Red Velvet!
XOXO
Love ya!




"Well, that's real swell, but it still doesn't get the cream in the cupcake."
~Samantha from Sex and the City Cupcake Quote







5 comments:

  1. Yummmm! I am a cupcake lover myself <3

    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo yummy...............I love brownies, they're so delicious :P

    I really like your blog!

    Maybe you want to follow each other?

    XOXO*

    "Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico em casa"



    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Amy....Can't wait to stop in next time I am home...there is just something about a cupcake that makes you happy and smile while you are eating them....they look FAB!!!...love A.D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, that first cupcake looks heavenly! Thanks to you I'm going to run out to Crumbs bakery here and get a cupcake!!!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete