About Me

Friday, October 4, 2013

Stop and smell the roses.




F21 Blouse & necklace, Mossimo pants, Vonzipper sunnies, Cupid wedges.


Happy Friday!
 I feel like we are all guilty of being ungrateful or having too many expectations from other people and even for ourselves. This blouse and title was appropriate for the way I was feeling because sometimes I really do need to stop and smell the roses and realize how fortunate and lucky I am. My expectations for myself and my goals go above and beyond and sometimes a little to above and  beyond to the point where I dwell and dwell on what I haven't accomplished or what I haven't done or feeling like I can't get ahead and being so critical of myself;  I find myself thinking negatively which one negative thought leads to another.
I told myself it is time to stop. It is time to slow down. My health isn't in the best of condition and for months of not knowing, hopefully this month I will finally know what the problem really is. 
Realizing that life doesn't always go as planned and that things happen that we can't control is realty...sometimes realty that we don't want to accept. I have opened my eyes to living day by day, living in the moment, and working on being positive about everyday, everything, and every situation that is thrown at me. Meditating, praying, reading, and ultimately just slowing my mind down, as well as myself, are uplifting practices that help me.
My life is beyond beautiful surrounded by beautiful people and beautiful things.
Sometimes, I just have to stop and smell the roses!
xoxo
Love ya!

"Being ashamed of your past is absolutely insane. Learn from it. Don't let it debilitate you. New day, new love, new mind, every morning."
-Unknown author

3 comments: