About Me

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Column #15- Jason Wu for Target

Jason Wu for Target
By Amy Witt

As a fashion major, blogger, lover, and designer, I am constantly keeping up-to-date with designers’ runway and couture collections. It always excites me when high end designers design affordable collections for department stores. February 5th, Target launched one of my favorite designers collection, Jason Wu and when word got out, I ran down to our Target to snag some of Jason’s pieces.
            If you’re not familiar with Jason Wu, he is a New York based designer who literally became huge over-night when Michelle Obama dropped mouths in one of his gowns at the Presidential Inaugural Ball. Jason is literally amazing with his classy and feminine silhouettes always designing structural and functional pieces for every girl’s shape.
            Jason’s collection at Target features dresses, skirts, blouses, and accessories…but unfortunately our Target only sells the clothing and the clothing they carry is a small selection. Firstly, I tried on all pieces Target carries. I was not a fan of the heather grey tee with lace print on the front, the cream tee with the tie, or the black pleated skirt. I happily left with two completely different style and structured dresses.
            Navy blue chiffon sleeveless dress with floral print, and a yellow belt was my first dress of choice. It fit very nicely and hit me right above my knees complimenting my legs and body. This dress made me feel happy and fun. I dressed it up with big earrings not to take away from the neck line, and some black wedge booties I also bought from Target. The only problem I had with this dress was that it was mandatory you cinch it with a belt or it was unflattering, also the yellow belt that comes with the dress wasn’t small enough for my waist so I had to take a whole punch to it. This dress is perfect for any occasion!
            My second choice was a blush pink, yellow, and black stripped, button up, pleated dress with a ribbon to tie around the waist. This dress reeks class! Layers of Pearls, sky-high Vince Camuto peep-toe heels, and I felt so amazing in this dress. It completely made me feel confident and comfortable and hit every curve in my very nicely.
            I feel his collection with Target was a hit! Jason always seems to inspire me and I admire his work. As I am currently working on some pieces for the PBR (Professional Bull Riders), I admire his sketching and constantly aspire to sketch and design as good as him one day!

Wearing:
Dress: Jason Wu for Target
Shoes: Vince Camuto
Pearls: Mix of boutique and vintage


Wearing:
Dress: Jason Wu for Target
Shoes: Target
Earrings: Forever21






XOXO
Love ya!

"I thought when love for you died, I should die.
It's dead. Alone, most strangely, I live on."
Rupert Brooke

3 comments:

  1. Luv the dresses.....u look like u r ready for spring...very stylish! Luv A.D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the black & yellow dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresses are fabulous! Love the flowy, silky material! The striped one is my favorite! Completely forgot about this collection and when I remembered, of course it was too late! :(

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete