About Me

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Humboldt.





















 









Hello Daaaalings!
Well, I am not sure where to begin.
My trip was beyond amazing!
The weather was well...beach and forest weather combined...the landscape and wildlife were breathtaking and made you feel so peacful, loving, and inspired.
The first day, was an 8 hour drive so all I wanted to do was sleep... I stayed on the Chapman Ranch which is 45 min from town..up the hill. Closest town was Garberville. The ranch is beyond beautiful.
The second night we went to the horse races in Ferndale which I had never attended before. I wanted to wear a dress and pretend I was at the Kentucky Derby minus the hat but the guys advised I did not wear a dress...so I opted for True Relig jeans, a tank, fur, leather jacket, and my TOM wedges. The weather was very chilli but with the help of a few cocktails you were feeling swell! After...we painted the town!
We did alot of adverturing around the ranch..alot of wood cutting, splitting, and wood deliveries.
We also joined some friends, packed a back pack full of cocktails, and rode some colts on the trails of the Humboldt National Forest.
When we decided to get serious about hunting I was taken to the MOST BEAUTIFUL place on this earth.
I literally wanted to cry with joy because it was just...I seriously was speechless.
First, drove me through Ferndale to get to Capitola and you are driving through old foundation home dairies...with old Victorian mansions, barns, green flatlands, and Jersey cows everywhere...I wish I snapped photos but we were in a hurry.
As we climbed the hill...we were in the forest...as we topped the hill.. Oh my gosh...OCEAN...and not just a little the sea for daaysss... a private ocean.
A woman rancher owns the acres bordering the ocean and when I say bordering I mean the ocean is her fence line...there are salt blocks on the beach. The bull pen was on the beach with one fence behind them bordering the road. At the bottom of the hill not only was there wild orchids, the Eel River which the Salmon swim to to get to the ocean...we were at the mouth of it in which ran through the rancher's land as well. In the valley of this paradise, was the cowboys' bunk house, the cow bosse's home, all the horses and dogs.
As you traveled further and arrived at the very bottom of the hill, was the rancher's home...eye level with the ocean directly on the beach with her horses in front. I mean I can't even fathom this ranch it was just beyond amazing. As we drove to Windy Point in which the big bucks were suppose to live...it was freezing cold and beyond windy...the second day it was literally like 20 degrees wit 40 mph winds and the sun just shinning away. We stood at the point and could literally jump from the hill into the ocean...as you can see in the photos.

I came home empty handed...not big enough, on the neighbors, ran before I could get a shot...the list could go on...but it was all well worth it..and I was completely okay with coming home empty handed.
My gun...oh let me tell you...is a custom .243 Howa, with of course, Witt Hardwoods wood, and a gold plate engraved with my intials. It's a stunning beautiful gun in which I received for my 18th birthday.  I have yet to fire a round through it since my birthday...It wasn't good enough for my father's liking so he had it restocked by one of our amazing customers. I was dissappointed not to shot at something...but it was all good.
The scariest part of the trip was when Tate made me sneak up on the momma sow and her piglets. I thought at first we were sneaking up on a monster buck...until I was demanded to load my gun, stand still and not make a move...as I looked I knew exactly what was going on and I was ready to ruunnn!!
We snapped  a few photos and watched her take off with the babies before we decided to leave.
My heart was beating so hard, and my breath so short I thought I was going to have a heart attack...I 
Oh look closely for the picture with the truck hanging in the tree...we weren't really sure about that and frankly I didn't want to find out. It felt like we were on an episode of True Blood with the Hillbillies setting up boobie traps and what not...It was very unusual and just not okay...but made a cool pic.
All in all, it was an amazing trip and I was so grateful to go!
I will definetely be calling Ferndale my home someday soon...Humboldt area is where I want to live!
I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.
Oh, have you seen Lawless?! Omg ammmazzinng movie...the brothers are so handsome and the actress is soo stunningly beautiful. I am in love with that whole movie!
XOXO
Love ya!
“As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up
and just keep going.”
-Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh it's beautiful there!! Looks like you had an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the photos! It sounds like you had a blast but I skipped the text ; ) I'm a short winded reader lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos! The ranch sounds amazing! You look happy and beautiful! I hope you are well and can't wait to read about more amazing trips! XOXO - M

    ReplyDelete