About Me

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Column #27 - Vakay in Tahoe

The Porterville Recorder
Vakay in Tahoe
By Amy Witt



              Hundred degree weather…I think not! Seventy degree weather is more like it. Basking in the sun, clean air, river rafting, sipping wine, shopping, fishing - Lake Tahoe is the place to be. The Northstar Resort is my current vay-kay home.  Staying in a gorgeous condo that was interior decorated for me, does this place get any better? As you walk out of the condo, you walk straight onto the main walk of the resort; restaurants, Starbucks, bars, make your own candle and jewelry shops, ice cream and candy shops. Oh, not to mention there is a frozen yogurt/candy shop on the main walk. Zeb, my little brother and I, giddily savored our concoction. They give you huge bowls to fill with whatever flavor of frozen yogurt fancies you, as well as, all the toppings including all the candy in the store to top your frozen yogurt off. I must say, it is a little tempting to just fill that bowl to the top with yogurt and candy.  
Truckee is about 15 miles from the resort. The town offers a farmers market, a variety of clothing boutiques, bars, and restaurants. There really isn't a whole lot there. JAX at the Tracks, which was featured on Food Network's Diner's, Drive-In's, and Dives, was delicious. The chicken penne pesto, was my entrée of choice…it was delic! An electric lemonade, an adult beverage, I ordered along with dinner…I do not recommend. The food was good but the service was very very slow and the mosquitos were bothering us as we dined outside. 
River rafting is on the agenda today. It will be my first time and I am not quit sure how I feel about this. Watching The Real Housewives of Orange County and their experience rafting, I think my reaction will probably be pretty comparable. At the bottom of the river, you are cheered on by spectators and welcomed to relax on the river beach with a restaurant or adult beverage. Tonight, we will be attending "Truckee Thursdays" which is a street fair along with all well drinks starting at $0.25, increasing a quarter every hour. 
Tahoe is a wonderful place to get away from the valley's heat with the fam. Tahoe has many activities to offer, as well as, a safe place. I am going to dread leaving this beautiful weather and scenery, but ready to get back to business!









Good Morning. Hope everyone is having a great week.
I actually need to get off here so I can get ready to go water rafting and basking on the beach.
I hope to get some outfit posts up soon also.
Have a beautiful day!
XOXO
Love ya!

"Summer set lip to earth's bosom bare,
And left the flushed print in a poppy there."
Francis Thompson

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun, relaxing vacay!

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete