About Me

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Heart of Gold - Ropers Sports News May Edition


Heart of Gold
Ropers Sports News May Edition
By Amy Witt





Bismarck, North Dakota,  Berger Family’s PBR Touring Pro Event, I remember walking into an autograph signing and thinking  “Oh, my gosh what am I suppose to do?” I look across the room and my eyes meet a bubbly, beautiful, blonde, wearing a smile from ear to ear…instantly I knew we would be friends. We knew of each other but we knew nothing about one another. As I skipped across the room, I greeted her – “Hey, you want to grab a Starbucks?”
          "I love bulls! I would have to say my favorite is, of course, K55 Smackdown because he is our number one bull. I love how he's unique looking and is rideable, but when ridden you're looking at big scores. He also finished top 3 in the world and was a contender for a world title which is pretty special to all of us. My family has been raising bulls since the 1960's so I have had quite a few favorites since I was a little kid, but I would have to say my all time favorite was a bull that came from Terry Williams his name was Rockin' Robin and he was the coolest little bull we ever had at our place. I could go up to him and give him a huge kiss and just pet him and that was always something I found to be pretty awesome."
             With bucking bulls running through her veins, a jam packed closet, an ultimate fox, guitar playing fool,  and a fashionista with a heart of gold, Sadie Berger, 21, from Mandan, North Dakota has become one of the greatest people I have ever met.  Being inspired by her belief in God, her Grandmothers, and her mother, Sadie has dreams that will not be stopped.  In May of 2014, Sadie will be graduating from Dickinson State University with business administration diploma. Working towards her personal trainer certificate, she also plans to open her own gym while producing her own bull riding events and establishing a bucking bull breeding program which naturally goes along with owning her own bulls.
Tell me about being the daughter of Chad Berger?
"Being the daughter of a PBR stock contractor has been one of the biggest blessings in my life- Not because my dad is recognized for having good stock, but because of all the people I have met, places I have been, and lessons I have learned. The PBR and the bull riding in general are something I feel I am very lucky to be apart of. The people I consider my best friends and family I have met through the PBR and will now be people I call family forever. I really have enjoyed seeing the country with amazing people. One thing I think is neat is that I've been to cities all over the country, but have always been around at least 40+ people I know and am familiar with - that is something I really appreciate. It's really funny to me that people want my dad's autograph because to me he's just my dad, the guy who never let me quit anything, taught me many of my life lessons, and the guy I turn to when I need something. My dad's a great guy and has given me a life I am so thankful for and I love that he followed in my grandfather's footsteps and got himself into the bull industry, I just hope I can do as well as he has."
Sadie's number one must haves are her Ray-Bans, Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue perfume, mascara, liquid eyeliner, and a beaded headband. Of course she can't live without her iPhone, mascara, "It's a 10" leave in conditioner, and hair straightener for her luscious blonde locks.
As for fashion, this blondie has the coolest, sweetest sense of style. She loves anything from Chanel to Forever 21 and is a sucker for long cross necklaces, feather earrings, and fringe boots. Sadie loves to rock the PBR events wearing either jeans and heels or leggings and boots.
            Sadie is one of the most down to earth, genuine girls you could ever meet. When she walks into a room you can guarantee she will brighten it!
         “Life is good, positive vibes, and faith in the Lord…is how I choose to see life.”







Follow my girl on instagram: @sadieberger
Also read her new blog on pbrnow.com: http://www.pbr.com/en/news/blogs/sadie-berger/2013/5/i-have-been-very-blessed.aspx

Love ya!
XOXO

"I'll go anywhere, West Virginia baby I don't care. Mexico on a wild hair,
Have you ever seen California?
Pick a spot on any old map
I travel light and my bags are packed. Just as long as I'm where you're at"
Jake Owens

1 comment:

  1. Awesome write up, Amy! Sadie sure has good taste & style.

    ReplyDelete